Kia ora | Welcome | Asalamualaikum
Hasan was born in Aleppo-Syria moved with his family to New Zealand in 2013. Hasan Aleppo Soap is a local business running from Half Moon Bay, Auckland. Hasan got over 20 years experience in different fields mainly in manufacturing, logistics, procurement, sales, and business developments. Hasan holds an MBA, his passion in trading, art, and craftwork lead him to start his own business in something that he dreams about for a while “own a brand and produce a product”. Aleppo Soap is part of Hasan’s “relatives and family” business back in Aleppo, Syria for decades. Back in 2017, he was thinking in a few options to start a small business, when his son said: Baba, why don’t you start the saboon business? For almost a year, Hasan was preparing for this project to become into life. ‘It is a great feeling to start such a big step in manufacturing and sharing the heritage of Aleppo soap in New Zealand’ Hasan said.
Aleppo one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world that has stood in its place for more than 8 thousand years. This ancient city thrived on trade for thousands of years, and was famous for being the endpoint of the famous Silk Road that bridged East and the West before the advancement of sea trade routes in the “Age of Sail”. It’s nearly impossible to trace the origin of Aleppo soap (Also known as: ‘Savon d’Alep’, or ‘Laurel Soap’, or ‘Ghar Soap’ Laurel is known as Ghar in Syria) because it predates documented history. It is said to have been used by Queen Cleopatra of Egypt and Queen Zenobia of Syria.
One of the most important trade items of the city of Aleppo in Syria is without a doubt this unique soap which was made and guardian by generations of merchant families. Formula and manufacturing process for this highly prized soap performed by Hasan in its original processing and prepared in its unique form and methods.
Only the Best
What does Hasan Aleppo Soap offer?
Hasan produces premium quality bars, a wide range of shampoo bars, body bars, and creamy soap in a variety of natural, artisan, and handmade products.
What makes Hasan Aleppo soap a better choice?
Our premium quality soap is authentic and long-lasting, and made in a traditional method. Aleppo Soap, has been around for over 2500 years, and is the oldest hard soap bar recipe. Other modern soap bars do not compare. You will notice the difference when you use Hasan Aleppo Soap shampoo & body bars, and feel the quality right away. It’s safe for all and suits all skin types. Our many satisfied customers appreciated the natural plant-based ingredients and the unique heritage blend done by Hasan.
Switching tips & using info
Using a shampoo bar is different than liquid shampoo. Here are some tips:
– As you transition to a natural shampoo bar, you will find that your scalp produces less oil- less oil means more days between shampooing. However, it may take a few washes for your hair to adjust to the ingredients and consistency of my natural shampoo bars. The commercial liquid shampoo can strip away all of the natural oils in your scalp, causing your scalp to produce excess oils to replenish moisture – then you need to shampoo by the next day because your scalp is oily. It’s a vicious cycle when it comes to commercial shampoos!
– Remember, liquid shampoos have gums, thickeners, and silicones, which can build up on the hair. Unlike a liquid shampoo and even some modern shampoo bars which uses synthetic detergents (including Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Hasan Aleppo Soap “shampoo bars” have a rich, thick, luxurious lather. Soap suds from the Hasan Aleppo Soap might not rinse out quickly in the beginning, so make sure to rinse thoroughly. Rub the bar directly onto your wet hair to maximize the suds that get lathered into the hair!
– HAS bars are made with olive oil base combined with premium plant-based ingredients and a blend of essential oils, to give you a powerful conditioner at the same time. The oils are converted to soap, so they wash clean and won’t leave the hair oily so your scalp is clean- not stripped of all moisture.
– Soap and eyes: Hasan natural soap is non-toxic and comes with 100% natural ingredients. Compared to commercial shampoo and soap, our soap has no fragrance, no preservatives, and no chemical leathering agents. Some of my customers have even switched to our soap over pharmaceutical shampoo.
– Please remember that our soap is for external use only. If soap gets in your eyes, use a gentle stream of cool water to flush out your eye. Continue flushing until the burning sensation is no longer noticeable. Make sure your hands are clean and you remove your contact lenses.
– To make your bar last longer, store it in an area of your bathroom or shower where it can dry fully between washes, and use a soap holder to keep it from sitting in water.
Why Aleppo soap?
Aleppo soap is one of the most prized, and expensive soap bars- especially if it’s premium quality. Aleppo soap can be used in a whole variety of ways to help with soothing & relieve itching from some of the scalp and skin conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis, and other dermatitis types. Reactive and often dehydrated, sensitive skin needs the gentlest care. The 100% natural composition and its restorative and soothing properties make Hasan Aleppo Soap a perfect choice. This is not a medicine; it is a simple natural soap made from olive oil that is suitable for all skin types. Hasan Aleppo soap follows a traditional method and process with a unique herbal formula to offer you the best experience ever.
Benefits of Aleppo soap
Antiseptic, soothing, emollient, moisturizing, and hypoallergenic. Hasan Aleppo soap is full of benefits for your skin, it’s even ideal for all skin types, even for the little ones in your family. Hasan Aleppo soap is made with 100% natural plant-based ingredients with no animal fats. Hasan Aleppo soap is perfect for those looking to avoid artificial preservatives in their skincare routine.
The primary property of Aleppo soap is to deeply moisturize the skin. Thanks to its natural composition, it is suitable for all skin types, whether healthy or problematic. Aleppo soap can help relieve itching for those suffering from psoriasis, acne, and eczema as it will help hydrate the skin. The combination of olive oil and laurel oil will help your skin regain suppleness and softness, giving you a more youthful look. It can also serve as an anti-dandruff shampoo, helping to moisturize the scalp to limit flaking. Placed on the face while allowing it to dry, it makes an excellent mask to minimize imperfections and rejuvenate tired complexions. Finally, Aleppo soap makes a perfect shaving foam because it facilitates the gliding of the razor and hydrates skin that has been subjected to razor burn.
What can it be used for?
Shampoo: Have you thought about quitting commercial shampoo and conditioner? Have you struggled to find natural & eco-friendly alternatives? Try Hasan Aleppo soap bars to wash your hair- a 2in1 shampoo & conditioner bar. It’s much handier than any shampoo bottle and milder. The result is shiny and clean hair.. Just rub the soap over your scalp, work up a lather, rinse and repeat if necessary.
Body wash: Hasan Aleppo Soap is also great as your regular body wash- watch out for more varieties of body bars that will be introduced.
Hand soap Hasan Aleppo Soap is a perfect everyday soap to wash your hands with.
Baby skin and intimate care Our soaps are mild and perfect for sensitive skin, especially the soaps with lower laurel oil content.
Face wash/face mask Aleppo soap is perfect to use as a daily face wash for any skin type, even sensitive skin. Leave on for around a minute for better effect.
Shaving cream The antibacterial properties of the laurel oil makes Hasan Aleppo Soap the perfect shaving cream. Work up a lather with a shaving brush or in your hands.
Keep a look out for more varieties of these natural products and their other uses!
Can I use the body soap for my hair?
The answer is No! We recommend only using the ‘shampoo bar’ for your hair. Body soap is not similar to hair soap, so you are not supposed to use body soap for your hair.
Earth friendly bars
Hasan Aleppo Soap is an eco-friendly, low to zero-waste product. Recycle our paper packaging, instead of going through plastic bottles of commercial shampoo.
What about the lye?
“I believe that today’s consumers are pretty savvy and the best practice is to educate.”
There is no lye present in “Hasan Aleppo Soap” finished bars.
Let’s get technical, No lye — No soap! Your soap can only be called Soap if it contains Lye (sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, or wood ash). Any skin or hair cleansing product made without lye is not soap, but detergent. The chemical reaction of making the soap is called saponification. When this process is complete, the lye and oil molecules have combined and chemically changed into soap and glycerin. If the soap is made properly, the lye is used up in the saponification process to turn oil into soap.
Do you ship Internationally?
Yes! If you are looking to buy Hasan Aleppo Soap products from overseas, please send me your inquiry, quantity and your destination so we can get in touch.